Fuel Up For “Young Wheelers” Camp America ~~~~~
Young Wheelers Camp America is a new summer adventure for 2017 that welcomes children ages 6-12 to America On Wheels Museum for a fun-filled, educational experience. During sessions, children will learn the practical applications behind how engines work, how cars are designed and built, and how automobiles shaped America.
Registration is available beginning April 18, 2017 for Sessions 1, 2 or 3 listed below.
• The day begins with challenges from our “Auto Mystery Investigation Trunk”
• Healthy snacks & icebreakers to help “campers” learn about each other as they explore the Museum Galleries doing various activities, including a fun scavenger hunt
• Visits from special educators and presenters to enrich the camp experience. Programs include: Learning about Safety, Behind the Ropes and Under the Hood, Putt-Putt How Does the Engine Work, Chassis Building, Different Engines with Different Fuels, the opportunity to design a unique CLASSIC CAR to be displayed in the Museum Library, design a bridge for suspension, along with Music and Movement through our newest program called CarTunes
• The 4-day Program offers an Automotive Adventure on the last day of camp which includes the Children’s Learning Garden, Bucky Boyle Park or fueling up for a fun camper’s party along the Waterfront (weather permitting)
• Each child also receives a camp T-shirt and Museum water bottle
Session #1: July 11 – July 14 1:00pm – 4:00pm $150.00
Session #2: July 25 – July 28 9:00am – 12:00pm $150.00
Session #3: Aug. 1 – Aug. 4 9:00am – 12:00pm $150.00
• The registration fee includes the camp T-shirt, water bottle, activities, and a healthy snack during breaks. If your child has dietary restrictions and/or food allergies, please indicate that on the registration form and send along a snack each day for your child to enjoy.
• Campers arrive at the Museum where they are signed in and welcomed by camp Administrators.
• For those registering for the full 4 days, there is a 10% discount available for siblings and those with a family membership to the Museum. Please be sure to indicate if you qualify for these discounts on your registration form.
• *Young Wheelers Camp America is a nut-free camp* during snack time
To print out information form, click here.